Sunday, April 26, 2009

a purposely inauspicious start

ATTN: Surly counter people, located everywhere I bought something today.

I have worked (and still work) behind counters! I understand your pain! HOWEVER: even though it is a lovely day outside, you still have to at least pretend to smile. Otherwise assholes like me will notice your surliness, fake a ridiculously over-the-top sunshine-y attitude, and annoy you so much that you become even more surly.

Although, in some places the surliness is almost endearing. Almost. For example, if I want a sandwich, I get it from the horrible screeching lady at the nearby independent sandwich shop, instead of Subway. There's just something about her deliberate inattention to the menu, the slapped-together leakiness of the sandwiches, something that keeps me coming back for more.

also, I should add: hello, world.

-booker

3 comments:

Epiphany said...

And so it begins, this will either be super awesome or not.

bbooker said...

eh, even if not, it'll be awesome in its own special way.

now i just have to overcome my nervousness and make a real first post, despite our complete and utter lack of audience.

ps. do you like the new header image? :D

Clivus said...

Goodmorrow bloginating community. It has come to my attention that my participation in this social experiment is required.

And so it begins.

Post a Comment